NOTE: This page is for Congress 2013 organizers.
Latest news for organizers
- FINAL DAY FOR CATERING ORDERS. Please note: All final numbers and orders must be placed by 4:30pm, May 24. A $25 fee will apply for adjustments made after this date. No new orders will be accepted after this time. For assistance, contact email@example.com
- We have drafted a sample message (.doc) that you can send to your members – just fill in the sections highlighted in yellow in both the English and the French sections.
- A Federation Information Kit from the Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences has been prepared for you. It contains pertinent information for associations participating in Congress, and also important Federation membership information. Please plan on sending a representative to the Information Services desk in the McKinnon Building to pick it up, beginning May 31st.
- You can see sample Congress name badges here. The badges will help you identify whether or not a member has paid the registration fees to attend your association meeting.
Download the 2013 Planning Guide (PDF ).
- Request meeting rooms - Extended to November 23, 2012
- Open association account - October 12, 2012
- Send association mailing list - October 12, 2012
- Set association meeting fees - October 15, 2012
- Apply for funding from the International Keynote Speaker Support Fund - November 12, 2012
- Apply for funding from the Aid to Interdisciplinary Sessions Fund - February 11, 2013
- Submit association preliminary program - February 15, 2013
- Hire a student worker - February 22, 2013
- Book an association table - February 22, 2013
- Submit complimentary guest list - March 4, 2013
- Final day to submit special event form(s) for the Onsite Guide and website - March 15, 2013
- Reserve audio-visual equipment - March 29, 2013 - See the AV menu (PDF)
Place catering orders - April 19, 2013
- See the catering menu (PDF)
- See the bar menu (PDF)
- See the reception menu (PDF)
- Please note that after the recent change to the local tax structure, effective April 1st, all catering will be subject to the following taxes: All food items and non-alcoholic beverages are subject to 5% GST; no Provincial taxes are added. All alcoholic beverages are subject to 5% GST and 10% BC PST. If you have any questions or special requests, please email Degrees Catering at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit final association program to email@example.com - April 19, 2013
- Submit orders for poster boards and extra tables - April 26, 2013
- Email your Twitter handles/hashtags to firstname.lastname@example.org - May 3, 2013
Online request system
The online request system is available at http://fedcancongress.com/reservation/login/. To login, you will need your username and password that was sent via email before the planning meeting.
Please use the Special Event Listing Form to submit your special event for Congress.
All President’s Receptions will take place from 17:00 to 19:00. To determine the date for your association, please consult the Schedule of Meetings. The location of the receptions will be posted online and listed in the Onsite Guide when it is confirmed.
The Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences is the largest multidisciplinary academic gathering in Canada. Organized by the Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences, Congress brings together academics, researchers, policy-makers, and practitioners to share findings, refine ideas, and build partnerships that will help shape the Canada of tomorrow.
The 2013 Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences is an initiative of the Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences and is hosted by the University of Victoria.
About the theme for Congress 2013
The theme of Congress 2013—“@ the edge”—reflects the University of Victoria’s geographical position in Canada and on the Pacific Rim, as well as the need to centre the periphery both institutionally and socially, testing the boundaries of disciplines, promoting innovative thinking, seeking relevance to both local and global communities, and committing to engaged scholarship and knowledge mobilization.
- Congress Logo - side by side - bilingual (JPG 683KB)
- Congress Logo - stacked - bilingual (JPG 734KB)
- Congress Logo - English (JPG 815KB)
- Congress Logo - French (JPG 822KB)
University of Victoria logos
If you have any questions please contact Donna LeLièvre for assistance.