Response to Federal Budget 2016:
- Media release: Federation applauds largest annual increase in discovery research in 10 years
- Briefing note for members of the Federatin for the Humanities and Social Sciences
- Federation blog post
Pre-budget submission 2016:
Response to Federal Budget 2015:
- Media release: Federal budget 2015 invests in research and innovation
- Briefing note for members of the Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences
Response to Canada First Research Excellence Fund and 2014 Science, Technology and Innovation Strategy:
From time to time, the Federation is invited to develop and submit briefs as part of various consultations on a range of topics of interest to the research community. These documents are developed with input from the Federation Board of Directors and from its membership.
These submissions to groups such as the House of Commons Standing Committee on Industry, Science and Technology or party caucuses on post-secondary education, help promote constructive dialogue with Canadians by showing the tangible benefits of a healthy social sciences and humanities research and training enterprise.
- Submission to the Advisory Panel on Canada’s International Education Strategy international Education Strategy (PDF 629 KB), November 2011
- Submission to the Expert Panel, Review of Federal Support to Research and Development (PDF) February 2011
- Federal Brief - Digital Economy Consultation (PDF) July 9, 2010
- Submission to the House of Commons Standing Committee on Industry, Science and Technology: Regarding Mobilizing Science and Technology to Canada's Advantage (PDF 65KB) April 2008
Each year, the Federation is actively involved in the consultation surrounding the preparation of the federal budget. Its contribution normally takes the form of a written submission and a presentation to the House of Commons Standing Committee on Finance.