The Federation has launched a new ‘Webinars for members’ service. These webinars on topical issues are free for members and are posted to our website shortly after each event.
Effective use of social media for associations
Michel Duquet, Executive Director, Canadian Historical Association
Nicola Katz, Communications Manager, Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences
December 7, 2017
The Federation hosted a webinar on effective social media use for scholarly associations on December 7, 2017. Michel Duquet of the Canadian Historical Association and Nicola Katz of the Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences shared lessons from their experiences for effectively developing scholarly associations’ digital presence. In this peer-to-peer exchange, you will learn about:
- Getting started on social engagement
- Platforms that work for the scholarly community
- Measuring and modifying as you go
- Preparing a campaign
- Gearing up for #congressh
Assessing impacts in the HSS
Peter Severinson, Policy Analyst, Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences; lead author, Approaches to Assessing Impacts in the Humanities and Social Sciences
David Phipps, Executive Director, Research & Innovation Services, York University
October 26, 2017
This webinar features discussion on how scholars in the humanities and social sciences (HSS) are approaching the challenge of impact assessment. The session will feature David Phipps, Executive Director, Research & Innovation Services, York University who was an advisor on the Federation’s Impacts Project and is one of Canada’s leading knowledge-mobilization proponents. His co-presenter will be Federation Policy Analyst Peter Severinson, lead author of the Federation’s latest report on impact assessment. Join this interactive session to learn about:
- The state of the impacts discussion: Canadian context, feedback from members
- Key observations and recommended approaches in assessing impacts in HSS
- Views and experiences from other participants
Membership recruitment and retention strategies
Sherry Fox, Executive Administrator and Conference Coordinator, Canadian Sociological Association
January 24, 2017
This webinar features insight and discussion of the Canadian Sociological Association’s successful strategies for member recruitment and retention, including: building personal connections; best practices in communication; setting membership terms and fees; and conveying the value of membership. This event took place in English.
The webinar will be provided using GoToWebinar software.
How do I register for a webinar?
- Open the email that contains your webinar invitation.
- Click the link provided in the email to register for the webinar.
- Complete the registration form and click the “Register Now” button.
- You will receive a confirmation email ahead providing you with a unique link to join the webinar on January 24th.
- Click on the “Add to calendar” button to add this unique link to your personal calendar.
I am having trouble registering for a webinar. Whom can I contact?
Contact Eveline Oulton, Member Relations Officer, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
I submitted my registration and haven’t received confirmation. What should I do?
The GoToWebinar email system typically sends that email within 30 minutes of registration. Check your Spam Mail and Junk Mail. If you still have not received confirmation at after 30 minutes, contact Eveline Oulton, Member Relations Officer, by email at email@example.com
How will I access the webinar at the scheduled time?
After completing your registration, you will receive a confirmation email with a personalized link to attend the session on line as well as information to access the audio (via your phone or through your computer speakers). Ten to fifteen minutes prior to the start of the webinar, click on the link provided by GoToWebinar. This link will automatically connect you to the webinar. You may be prompted to download the GoToWebinar software. If you are prompted to download GoToWebinar, choose “Run.” Once you are connected, you will have the choice to (1) call into the conference line via your telephone, or (2) listen though the speakers of your computer. With either option, you will automatically attend the session in listen-only mode, so you don’t have to worry about any mute options. Questions can be asked using the Question feature chat box in GoToWebinar.
What are the system requirements to attend a GoToWebinar session?
You can access a GoToWebinar session on your Windows or Mac computer, or on your iPhone, iPad, Android or Windows mobile device.
- For mobile devices, get the free GoToWebinar app from the App Store, Google Play or Windows Store
- See the detailed instructions on the GoToWebinar website for specific system requirements.
To access the audio portion of the webinar, you have the choice of listening through your computer’s speakers or by dialing in via phone. You do NOT need a microphone or a webcam. Please note that questions from the audience will be collected by typing in a chat box.
Do I need a GoToWebinar account in order to attend?
No, you do not need a GoToWebinar account. Simply register for the event by following the registration instructions above and you will be provided with all the information that you need to join our GoToWebinar session.
The following are some common issues that you may encounter when trying to connect to GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar. We've recommended a few easy ways you can resolve these issues.
- Trouble joining a meeting?
- Test Your GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar Connection
- GoToWebinar FAQ - https://www.gotomeeting.com/webinar/online-webinar-support
- GoToWebinar Help - https://care.citrixonline.com/gotowebinar
- GoToWebinar Test - https://care.citrixonline.com/gotowebinar/get-ready
- GoToWebinar Video - http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/webinar/video/G2WV00069
- GoToWebinar Troubleshooting - https://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/Meeting/all_files/G2M050009
- GoToWebinar Contact - http://help.citrix.com/contactus-c
Will this webinar be recorded and available after this session?
Yes, the webinar is being recorded and will be posted shortly after the event. You will receive an email with the link to view the webinar as well as a link to complete the webinar survey shortly after the event.
Can I communicate with the panel and other participants to make comments or ask questions?
Yes. Type your comment or question in the chat box located in the "Chat" panel on the right side of you screen.
Please note that while the panelists will do their best, it is not always possible for all questions to be addressed during the webinar.