Looking for news from the Federation? This month’s Communiqué was released earlier today! If you haven’t already read it, be sure to sign up to receive future e-newsletters here. The Communiqué brings you the latest news about the Federation, its events, members and the latest news and information from the humanities and social sciences learning and research community in Canada.
Otherwise, a snapshot of interesting reads from this week focused on studying liberal arts include:
- Study liberal arts -- and gain power (CNN Opinion)
- The misguided attack on arts and science degrees (Toronto Star)
- Humanities Scholars Grapple With Their Pitch to the Public (Chronicle of Higher Education)
- Liberal arts is the future of work, so why is Canada pushing 'job-ready' skills? (Globe and Mail)
- 'There's Nothing Liberal About Specializing in Philosophy' (The Atlantic)