The candidates below have been elected to the Board of Directors following an online election which took place March 1 to 15, 2017.
Director, Associations (2 positions)
- Sandra Lapointe, Associate Professor, Department of Philosophy, McMaster University
- Julia Wright, Professor, Department of English, Dalhousie University
In the event that there is only one candidate declared for a specific open position, that candidate shall be acclaimed to the position and there shall be no election for that position.
Following the end of the nomination period, the following positions were acclaimed:
- Director, Institutions – David Sylvester, Principal, Associate Professor, Department of History, King’s University College at Western University
- Director, Institutions – Lisa Young, Vice-Provost and Dean of Graduate Studies, Professor, Department of Political Science, University of Calgary
- Director, Research Dissemination - Michael Sinatra, Professor, English Department, Université de Montréal
- Director, Research Policy – Claudia Malacrida, Associate Vice-President Research, Professor of Sociology, University of Lethbridge
The Board of Directors has made the following appointments:
- Treasurer – Carmen Charette, Vice-President, External Relations, University of Victoria
- Chair of ASPP Academic Council – Anne-Marie Fortier, Professor, Département des littératures, Université Laval
The results of the elections were ratified by the Board of Directors at its meeting on March 24-25, 2017.
Contact Lanor Mallon